Friday, April 4, 2008

Fuzzying things out

Everyone works differently.
I like to start by taking a concept or piece of dialogue, and acting it out and sketching the basic poses. If it's dialogue, I'll time frame it out, and put some basic timing together.
The thing I'm working on right now says:
"He's really very... soft. ..and Fuzzy.. We're becoming fast friends."

Here's an animatic:


I had sketches, and the basic poses put together, and some of the timing, but I wasn't completely happy. So I made this, to simplify the movements without having to worry about floaty bits. It gives me a better idea of the main movements and what I want to improve in the 3D portion of the project.

From the animatic, is there anything you'd like to see changed? Any suggestions?


***UPDATE***
Well, apparently the acting is so subtle that youtube isn't even seeing it.
Fancy!
Before he turns to the pigbear, he should look down the other way, put an arm on the sofa, and *then* reach other. I have no clue why it's not working. *mutter*

No comments: