Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Progress Report!

I always like to have something up and around my main project to switch to when my brain turns to mush after watching the same 2 seconds of movement for 8 hours.
This is the background project.



Reasons I like it:
While it's mainly action, it lends itself nicely to some sweet subtle characters.
Figuring out the foot placement has been interesting, as was acting this out until dizzy. Searching for reference offered many cute scenes of little kids in kitchenware being spun by their daddys'.
An excuse to animate a little kid! (ie: an excuse to ACT like a little kid)Not to mention spinning around with bags filled with books. I'll upload my reference soon.


**update** I showed this version to Jeff (instructor of character animation studio) instructor, and he had a lot of really great crits. I'm in the processes of reworking the timing and weight issues. Expect more and soon!




Do you have any suggestions? I'd love imput!

No comments: